Why Writing Helps my Spirituality

 


Writing has always been my greatest passion.  

Back when I was a kid, I often use writing to take me to worlds where I can both play the hero and even the villain. I’d have my own little adventures in my head and the only way to get those adventures to play in my mind constantly is when I write them in my notebook. I thought this kind of attraction towards writing would only take me far off into high school. To my surprise, writing stuck to me all the way until college.  

 

While in college, I began writing for a profit. My classmates needed academic papers to pass their subjects, so being the prolific writer that I am, started charging them for every term paper I wrote. This went on until graduation day. By the time graduation finished, I was stuck to thinking what I’d do next. And it was during these times that I started discovering my calling for spirituality 

 

During meditations, I often encounter ideas, inspirations, and issues within my own self. For those, I felt like I needed to write them down in a journal or notebook so I can reflect on them when I had the chance. The funny thing was when I started writing, I didn’t want to stop. Every thought and idea that came out of my head, all flowed freely towards my journal. It was then that I realized that my writing was actually helping my spirituality. 

 

When I started reading what I wrote in my journal, I realized one important thing. I realized that I was more eloquent and natural at expressing my thoughts and feelings when writing them all down rather than by explaining them to other people. Could it actually be a sign of my nervousness and apprehension when talking to people about spirituality? Or could this just be a natural exercise for my God-given talent, which is writing? 

 

In any case, I continued writing whenever I felt the need to express my thoughts and feelings on spirituality. It could also be the same case with you. Writing is an extension of one’s own thoughts and feelings towards different topics. Whether these topics are serious or lighthearted, it is often always a good idea to share them. If you’re like me who sometimes has difficulty explaining ideas and thoughts through talking, why not write it down on a piece of paper or in a notebook? This way, you can have a look at what you wrote, discuss it in your head, or show it to someone with whom you’d like to communicate. 

 

And for me, that is how writing helps me with my own brand of spirituality. – Gale Tobin 

Comments

Popular Posts